Monday, January 26, 2009

25 random things about me

1. I have lived in 3 different states - Louisiana, Oklahoma and California.

2. I took my first plane trip when I was just a month old, flying with my family from Baton Rouge to Oklahoma City so that my father could finish his graduate studies at Oklahoma State.

3. When I was 9 months old, a bout with the flu left me with minor brain damage.

4. I learned to read before I spoke my first words.

5. I love to write as it has been one of my lifelong passions.

6. I used to be active in Girl Scouts.

7. I was named for both of my grandfathers.

8. I have a weakness for anything sweet and will occasionally splurge.

9. I prefer watching sports over soap operas.

10. I have a scar on my left ankle from getting my foot caught in a bicycle wheel when I was 2 years old.

11. I am trying to save some money for a trip to France next year - it will be my first trip outside North America.

12. I will turn the big "4-0" on August 11th. No plans as of yet.

13. I have a unique sense of humor which I inherited from my father.

14. I started dedicating my life to Christ in 1996. Since then, I've rarely missed church except for a couple of times.

15. I'm a big person with a big heart, always willing to help in a pinch.

16. I have five spoiled cats, all of them "senior citizens."

17. I am blessed to have a lot of church friends.

18. I am a shy person by nature but will open up once I get to know people.

19. I always sleep with the fan on at night, no matter how hot or cold it is.

20. I collect autographs.

21. I like to take pictures and believe in the expression, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

22. I always make sure to bring my camera when traveling or going to events such as a wedding, party or shower.

23. I have narrow feet which sometimes makes it hard for me to find shoes that fit.

24. I always like to read the sports section while I am eating breakfast.

25. I always make sure to thank God for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these Lori! #6-me too....and re: #12 & The BIG 40 ....well I am loving my forties & I bet you will too:-)

    ReplyDelete